Edited by Lana Krumwiede
This book is 100% Richmond! Richmond stories, Richmond authors, Richmond art, Richmond publisher, Richmond printer. I’m so excited to share this collection of fantastic stories with everyone! Twenty-four stories of imagination and adventure, each set in one of Richmond’s many popular historic locations.
- A huge phantom dog appears in the Hollywood Cemetery during a thunderstorm.
- An experimental Civil War submarine blows up a river boat near Tredegar Ironworks.
- The ghosts of two alligators keep watch at the Jefferson Hotel.
- At the Richmond Folk Festival, three young performers contend with an alpaca stampede to reach their stage on time.
- A basketball-playing rat with mad skills has to shake off her pre-game jitters at the Science Museum of Virginia.
- And many more!
This collection of stories showcases Richmond’s fantastic history, sites, and scenery like never before. Kids and adults alike will experience this rich river city in a unique way.
New stories by Richmond’s own children’s book authors:
Kristi Tuck Austin
Mary Helen Sheriff
Steven K. Smith
Vernon Wildy, Jr.